Jonas Music Services is committed to protecting your privacy. We carefully manage the data we collect, use every precaution to ensure the security of your information, and disclose fully how we use the information you provide.
GDPR Compliance Overview
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) protects EU resident data and grants rights to privacy and protection of personal data. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a new European privacy law active on May 25, 2018. I helps unify data protection in the EU. We outline our compliance below:
• We collect your data when you consent and sign up for a service with us. For Jonas Music Services we may also collect and store data you volunteer to us to complete ongoing marketing work including third party logins for related services we need to complete marketing work.
• Jonas Music Services will store your data for 3 years after project completion and will communicate with you prior to deletion. You can access and edit your Jonas Music Services personal data including your ensemble name/company name, First Name, Last name, email, username, address, city, state, zip, phone, cell, specialization via your Jonas Music Services account.
• For ePressKitz we collect this data: First Name, Last name, email, username, address, city, state, zip, phone, cell, specialization via your Jonas Music Services account. You can access and edit your ePressKitz personal data via your ePressKitz account. Click on "My Account" and "User Info". We will store your data at ePressKitz for 6 months for inactive accounts.
• GigMailz stores the following data: company/ensemble name, First Name, Last name, email, website URL, address, city, state, zip, phone.
• SpeedySitez stores the following data: first name, last name, and email address.
• ReviseMySite stores the following data: first name, last name, and email address.
• Our billing area also collects credit card data. This is encrypted data, not stored on our servers but via GDPR-compliant partners Recurly and Authorize.net. No billing information is stored locally or ever printed out.
• Account information is accessed by staff using HTTPS and staff-specific logins from encrypted computers. Personal information is not printed, chatted, or emailed among staff. We do NOT transfer personal information internationally.
• At any time, a User of ANY of our services can request his or her data by contacting our Customer Support via live chat or text on our Jonas Music Services website or ePressKitz support page once logged into the EPK control panel. After verifying the User identity, we will then export and email the data to the User. Available data for export: All contact information, all stored personal data.
• Jonas Music Services is the data controller for all accounts.
• Our clients and users have the “right to be forgotten” . We will ease all personal data upon request.
• We do not include any profiling of client data. We do NOT collect any data on health, race, sexual orientation, religion, or political beliefs.We do NOT make automated decisions regarding data. All project decisions and client decisions are made my human beings. We store and process your data so we can: contact you and complete marketing work we are engaged to complete.
• All our marketing messages include a clear unsubscribe link in the footer.
• We have a company policy of alerting clients/users of any data breach.
• Jonas Music Services and our products use uses advanced encryption methods to encrypt data, including the use of HTTPS. We also use encryption on data where appropriate to ensure that data cannot be decrypted by third parties.
• Access to Jonas Music Services information systems, sandbox environment, dev environment are limited to properly authorized users with security controls. We have development, testing, and production environments segregated.
• We maintain a a disaster recovery system including daily backups, and a business plan designed to ensure continuous delivery of services.
• Jonas Music Services uses industry-leading third-party vendors and hosting partners such as Amazon AWS to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the services. Read more about Amazon AWS GDPR compliance, and GDPR Compliance on AWS pdf.
• As a client you have 8 fundamental rights: The right to be informed on how and why we use your personal data. The right of access including what information is maintained and how it is processed by our company. The right to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. The right to be forgotten by having personal data deleted or removed from our system. The right to restrict processing and use of your data. The right to data portability by having data available to others. The right to object - in certain circumstances, individuals are entitled to object to their personal data being used.
In order to deliver you with the music marketing products and services you request we require basic user account information including but not limited to: your name, music ensemble name, basic information about your work and market, the date and month of your birth date, mailing address, e-mail, phone, etc. Jonas Music Services uses and maintains this information in order to 1) provide our services and process your marketing projects, 2) provide client support, 3) determine your eligibility for special promotions, and 4) improve Jonas Music Services products. We limit access to your personal information to company staff, consultants and contractors who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We will never sell or rent your personally identifiable information or a list of our customers to third parties. Please note that your personal user information will be stored and processed on our computers in the United States. Jonas Music Services TM LLC pledges to maintain and transmit your personal information in a safe, confidential and secure way.
ACCESSING AND CHANGING USER ACCOUNT DATA:
You can review and update the personal information you provide to us at any time by logging in to your account at the Jonas Music Services website.
DIALOGUES WITH JONAS MUSIC SERVICES' CLIENTS:
Communication: We communicate with clients on a regular basis via e-mail to provide requested services, confirm new user accounts, and to send information about important changes to our products and services. We also communicate by phone to resolve client complaints, answer questions, and manage projects. Generally, users cannot opt out of these kinds of communications, but they will be primarily informational rather than promotional. Correspondence you send to Jonas Music Services, including e-mails and faxes, may be retained in the records of your account. We may also maintain copies of our correspondence to you. We keep these records in order to measure and improve our client care and be sure that your projects are managed efficiently.
Marketing: Jonas Music Services may also use your e-mail address to send you other types of communications that you can opt out of including periodical newsletters, marketing tips, customer surveys, client-orientated messages, and notice of special promotions. You can opt out of these messages at anytime by simply clicking the link at the very bottom of the message. We never share your e-mail addresses with other e-marketing organizations or third parties. Because of the way that World Wide Web communication standards work, when you arrive at the Jonas Music Services site via e-mail, we automatically receive statistics about how and when you arrived at that address. We may use this information to better manage our communications with you.
CREDIT CARD INFORMATION:
Jonas Music Services takes every precaution to ensure the privacy and security of your credit card information. Jonas Music Services does not store any credit card information on our physical premises or in our computer systems.
If you opt to phone in your credit card number for payment your credit card and personal information will be entered into a virtual terminal credit card system, the transaction will be processed and Jonas Music Services will have no permanent record of your information on our physical premises or in our computer systems.
Website Traffic Data:
Because of the way that Internet communication standards operate, when you arrive or leave the Jonas Music Services Web site, we receive the Web address of the site that you came from or are going to. We also collect and review data about which pages of our Web site you visit, your browser type and the times you access our Web site. We use this information only to try to better understand clients' and visitors' preferences and to manage the load on our servers. These tools help us improve our services and products. Jonas Music Services never tracks the Web sites that you visit before or after you visit our site. We do use IP addresses, browser types and access times to analyze consumer trends, administer and optimize our website, improve the performance of our website and gather broad demographic information for our own use.